Established in 2010, ICP is a voluntary collaboration of 19 iwi fisheries companies from the North Island of Aotearoa New Zealand. ICP is 100% iwi owned, governed, and managed. 18 iwi are shareholders and 1 iwi is an associate.
ICP is governed by a board of 6 directors. 3 directors are appointed by the 3 iwi who have the largest quota contributions. The remaining 3 directors are generally elected by the ICP membership:
- Mere George – Chair (generally elected)
- Nathan Reid – Deputy Chair (appointed by Ngati Tuwharetoa)
- Chris Insley (appointed by Te Arawa)
- Ian Ruru (generally elected)
- Ken Houkamau (appointed by Ngati Porou)
- Puhirake Ihaka (generally elected)